Thursday 2 June 2011

A Meaningful lesson I've learnt..

Everyone has a time in their life which when they couldn't speak out words they wanted to.
You know, words that are simple, short but not easily spoken. If you'd experienced it, you'd truly understand, just like me..

There's a time when I did something wrong and wanted to apology for my wrong doing, but it's just that I couldn't say.. Sometimes, there are reasons for that - but not most of them..
I'd asked about it too... But.. fact is fact.. How could anyone answer your questions when you... yourself.. didn't even know the answer. And yeah.., I think I might be too stubborn to admit that I was the one who did wrong. It must be humans' instincts- It must! (still refuse to admit -_-)
Even the most talkative person has had at least one word that they couldn't speak out,...
Well, talkative people are usually a stubborn one too... Words like sorry.. they just couldn't say.. like me..

Let me tell you about funny excuses for not saying sorry I had read.. Tessa was losing the library books which she'd borrowed.. She didn't admit that she had lost it.. but she made an excuse instead.. She said that there is absolutely an invisible-book-munching-goblin lives at her house.. And there's also another funny one.. She said she had lost many things in her relatively short life..
She'd left her sport shoes on a bus once, a sandal at the beach, her slippers at the school camp and the left shoe from a new pair got lost at the market by her manner.. what a terrible excuse! She also mentioned about her socks once. Whenever she'd lost her socks, she'd believe that the entire sock-making industry has been sabotaged so that certain number (one from each pair only) are preset to self-destruct or deteriorate overnight into the moulds of fluff we find under our beds!! And she just couldn't say she had lost it.. but these worst excuses instead.

I've also experienced this, for real. That evening, I had my last class.. The teacher asked us to practice writing some sentences.. But accidentally the bell rang. I didn't know my mum would be coming to bring me home that early.. So I stayed in class talking with my friends for a while.. After we stopped, I went to the gate and saw my mum waiting.. I went up to the car.. and my mum asked why I was so late..
I refused to take any blames so I said that I had to practice writing in class.. I refused to say that I was playing and talking non-senses with my friends.. Because I knew if that happened.. I will absolutely get scolded.

You see, there are tons and tons of things you couldn't say and admit or even taking blames! But writing this now.. I don't have to toss up all my faults so that I can choose which one I should say or admit..
Sometimes, people say the way that help you from admitting the most is to pretend.. I pretend that I was right when I'm not.. I pretend that I'm the best when I'm the worst..
I'd read from Tessa's story that people say time will help you cure.. But.. no matter how I think about it.. It's just not right.. But the fact is times bring a new pain of its own..
But right now.. I don't have to think any longer.. I can say sorry to all my wrong doings..

I'd learnt my lessons from Tessa's words.. "Losing something special or having done something very wrong yet you didn't admit does something to the way your thought goes around your head"
And It was extremely right! .. I knew it wasn't my fault yet I took all the blames.. I just knew that I'd the most important things to say but I'd lost my chances when Nick changed school.
If I hadn't brought her to the Canteen.. If I hadn't shouted at her when she said sorry for spilling the sauces on my skirt.. If I hadn't gone to sit on the other tables.. She might not get angry at me at all.. I admitted that Tessa's story had made me learn my lessons..

Sorry, Nick.. At last.. It's all I can say.. You're my best friend after all.. It's hard to find another you.. But I hope someday, though, there will be someone who cares of me as much as you..
"True friends are made from the heart, I hope you understand" You left me with this word..

P.S It's fictional but somehow, I hope you guys learn something special from this..
-Nina-

1 comment:

  1. 'She also mentioned about her socks once. Whenever she'd lost her socks, she'd believe that the entire sock-making industry has been sabotaged so that certain number (one from each pair only) are preset to self-destruct or deteriorate overnight into the moulds of fluff we find under our beds!!'

    Hee, hee!

    It's true- one sock from each pair does self-destruct! They must do. Or why then, do I have so many odd socks? :-)

    ReplyDelete